The Red Cottage with Guest Suite
Plan #: 1003-06
Country Farmhouse Plan with Guest Suite
- The vaulted spaces – foyer, living and dining rooms, and kitchen – add comfortable volume to nicely proportioned room sizes.
- Abundant windows maximize views and natural light. The dormer over the foyer brings additional light into the living, dining and kitchen areas.
- Wide hallways and doorways make for easy traffic flow, even for those that need Barrier Free Access. The front flex room off the foyer is perfect for a den or home office.
- The kitchen is designed for both efficiency and aesthetics. The large island aids in food preparation, additional storage and allows for a nice seating area. There are both pantry cabinets and a spacious closet pantry.
- The owners’ suite has windows on two sides. The handsome master bath has an extra spacious shower. The optional master bath layout gives you even more room plus a larger walk-in closet.
- The second floor has an entire guest suite that would make a great in-law suite!
- The 2-car garage is wider and deeper than most garages, with 10′-wide by 8′-high doors.
- The roof is a truss design and has a 10:12 main pitch.
|Square Footage Breakdown|
|Total Heated Area:||2,884 sq. ft.|
|1st Floor:||1,981 sq. ft.|
|2nd Floor:||903 sq. ft.|
|Optional Lower Level:||1,642 sq. ft.|
|Unfinished Basement:||575 sq. ft.|
|Bedrooms & Bathrooms|
|Master Suite:||Main Floor|
|Exterior Wall Types|
|Max Ridge Height:||26' 0"|
|Area:||749 sq. ft.|
|First Floor:||9' 0"|
|Second Floor:||8' 0"|
|Primary Pitch:||10 on 12|
- General notes and design criteria
- Perspective views
- Foundation plan
- Floor plan
- Exterior elevations
- Cross sections
- Door and window schedules
- Roof plan and room finish schedule
- Electrical plan
Copyright of intellectual property is enforceable by law, with legal judgments given to Designers and Architects in excess of $100,000. Even if a plan is modified, but is still derived from this plan, the legal term is that it constitutes a “Derivative Copyright Infringement”. Please make the legal and ethical decision and purchase the rights to build my designs.
— Brian K. Eicholtz
Categories: Cottage, Craftsman, Farmhouse, Northwest, Ranch