The Red Cottage with Executive Owner’s Suite
Plan #: 1003-20
Red Cottage with Guest or In-Law Suite
- The whole second floor of this popular home plan is devoted to a guest or in-law suite complete with full kitchen and living/dining areas.
- Vaulted spaces add comfortable volume to nicely proportioned room sizes, and abundant windows maximize views and natural light.
- The shed dormer over the foyer brings additional light into the living, dining and kitchen areas.
- Wide hallways and doorways make for easy traffic flow, even for those that need Barrier Free Access.
- The front flex room off the foyer is perfect for a den or home office.
- The kitchen is designed for both efficiency and aesthetics.
- The large island aids in food preparation, additional storage and allows for a nice seating area.
- There are both pantry cabinets and a spacious closet pantry.
- The owners’ suite has multiple windows and access to the rear patio.
- The handsome master bath has expansive spacious his-and-hers walk-in closets.
- The main roof pitch is 10:12 and the secondary pitch is 3:12.
- The home plan comes with an unfinished basement and has both slab and crawlspace upgrades available.
|Square Footage Breakdown|
|Total Heated Area:||1,980 sq. ft.|
|1st Floor:||1,980 sq. ft.|
|Deck:||349 sq. ft.|
|Combined Porches:||152 sq. ft.|
|Bonus:||640 sq. ft.|
|Bedrooms & Bathrooms|
|Master Suite:||Main Floor|
|Exterior Wall Types|
|Max Ridge Height:||26' 7"|
|Area:||948 sq. ft.|
|First Floor:||9' 0"|
|Second Floor:||8' 0"|
|Primary Pitch:||10 on 12|
|Secondary Pitch:||3 on 12|
- General notes and design criteria
- Perspective views
- Foundation plan
- Floor plan
- Exterior elevations
- Cross sections
- Door and window schedules
- Roof plan and room finish schedule
- Electrical plan
Copyright of intellectual property is enforceable by law, with legal judgments given to Designers and Architects in excess of $100,000. Even if a plan is modified, but is still derived from this plan, the legal term is that it constitutes a “Derivative Copyright Infringement”. Please make the legal and ethical decision and purchase the rights to build my designs.
— Brian K. Eicholtz
Categories: Cottage, Craftsman, Farmhouse, Hillside Homes, Northwest, Ranch